CHIEF OPERATING AND BUSINESS OFFICER, HEAD OF COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT
- More than 25 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience and an insightful strategist, delivering significant shareholder value to both emerging and large pharma companies
- Previously co-founder and Managing Director of Locust Walk Partners, where he continues on as Partner Emeritus and where he participated in more than 20 transactions valued at more than $1.0 billion
- Co-founder and CEO of Gloucester Pharmaceuticals (now Celgene); successfully secured a license for Gloucester’s lead compound, Istodax™ (romidepsin), a novel HDAC inhibitor
- President and CBO at Variagenics; played a key role in the sale of the company and closing Variagenics’ first multi-year cancer pharmacogenomics and molecular diagnostics collaboration with Novartis in support of Gleevec®.
- Served in executive commercial positions at Serono (now EMD Serono), and at Schering-Plough (now Merck); directed and executed day-to-day marketing strategy of several blockbuster brands including Rebif® for multiple sclerosis, and Claritin® and Nasonex® for allergic rhinitis.
- B.A. in Economics from Vanderbilt University, MBA in Health Care Management and Marketing from The Wharton School