INTERIM CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Senior Executive with more than 35 years leading Biomedical, Technology and Telecom Companies. Investor in start-up medical and biotech companies in New England.
- Formerly Senior Vice President of Corporate Development – AZTherapies. Mr. Alex initial introduction to the Company was as an investor. He subsequently joined senior management providing operational experience and assisted the Company in the Series C funding.
- Advisor to Massachusetts General Brigham Foot and Ankle Research and Innovation Lab. Collaborated with MGH senior management and the Orthopedics department to help establish the state-of-the-art lab committed to creating novel approaches to the foot and ankle education, technology and innovation. In the last 2 years, the Lab has produced 34 published articles, 44 presentations and 8 patents.
- Investment banker, serving as a Managing Director, Corporate Finance at Prudential Securities. During 12-year career raised over $20 billion of debt and equity for global clients and completed over $6 billion in M&A transactions.
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of NextWave Inc., a public company with over 1000 employees and offices and laboratories in 3 countries. Completed financings of $1.5 billion, acquired $500 million of assets in North America, Latin America and Europe. Oversaw the sale of $11 billion of assets resulting in a $2.4 billion profit to shareholders on a $600 Million investment.
- Co-founder and CEO of 52Eighty LLC, a telecommunications tower company that developed, built and owned 58 cellphone towers leased to national providers Verizon and T-Mobile – subsequently sold business to InSite Wireless.
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Network Plus. Completed $147 million IPO, $125 million convertible preferred offering, $145 million follow-on common stock offering, $50 million in vendor financing and a $200 million committed bank facility.
- Mr. Alex received his A.B. cum laude from Harvard University, and MBA from Amos Tuck Business School at Dartmouth College.